Sunday 4 November 2012

My exhibition day out

Londons beauty on a brisk Saturday morning.



Since starting fashion journalism at university I am taking full advantage of London whenever I have a spare moment. Coming from such a small city (Lincoln) where I was constantly bored and stuck for things to do. London has saved me and brought my inner explorer out.


I am a huge lover of Tim Walker and his work, so, as you can guess I couldn't wait to see the Story Teller exhibition at Somerset House. The first free day I had I was there. 


The layout of the exhibition meant there were rooms and rooms full of props and photographs and it was like a sort of maze where I was losing myself in his work. 


After the Story Teller I went off to the Saatchi Gallery to see the Chanel exhibition, 'The Little Black Jacket'.


Image after image of black jackets


The rooms were dim and crowded making it hard to really embrace the exhibition, however, seeing the likes of Alice Dellal and Daphne Guinness in their little black jackets was delightful.


Overall, I loved the Tim Walker exhibition and I'd say it is definitely worth a visit. The Chanel Little Black Jacket exhibition wasn't overly impressive but it was still worth a visit even, if it's just for the free poster of Georgia May Jagger. 


No comments:

Post a Comment